If the spirit of adventure and unusual, challenging diving appeals to you, try diving under the ice. Ice diving opens a new and different view of familiar dive sites. During the PADI Ice Diver course, you dive with a PADI Professional in one of the most extreme adventure specialties recreational diving offers. If you like fun, people and a challenge, you’ll love the PADI Ice Diver Specialty course.
In this course, you'll:
• Learn to plan and organize ice dives
• Practice the procedures and techniques for handling the problems and hazards of ice diving
• Site selection, preparation and hole-cutting procedures
• Use of specialized ice diving equipment, safety lines, signals, communications, line tending and line-securing techniques
• Learn about the effects of cold, emergency procedures and safety-diver procedures
• Explore the unique aquascape found only under ice
This Specialty course certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver certification. Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge!
• PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
• 18 years of age or older
• Regulator suitable for cold water diving
• The classroom is lecture-based and there is no prior reading or homework required.
Cost: $175 (course offered upon request)