Any time you're diving from 1,000 to 10,000 feet above sea level, you're altitude diving. If you want to explore the hidden world of a mountain lake, the PADI Altitude Diver Specialty course is for you.
You'll learn about:
• Altitude dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards
• Special Recreational Dive Planner procedures for diving at altitude
• Safety stops and emergency decompression procedures
• Special equipment necessary for altitude diving
This Specialty course certification counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver certification. Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge!
• PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age is 10 years old
• Adventures in Diving Manual
Note: Course fee does not include rental equipment.
Cost: $150 (course offered upon request and on certain Y-kik sponsored dive vacations)