If you've recently purchased a full face mask or you've always wanted to try one, this class is a wonderful opportunity to become familiar with the techniques and benefits of diving a full face mask system.
Masks and regulators have traditionally been separate units, but by keeping the mask and regulator separate, it allows the rest of the face to be exposed to the elements. By integrating these two systems you stay warmer, you can breathe through your nose -- or mouth, whichever is most comfortable -- and you can communicate (with additional communication devices).
The course includes all the background information you'll need including:
• Donning & adjusting the unit
• Becoming familiar with the NIRA adjustment
• Descent & equalization techniques
• Clearing a flooded mask
• Out-of-air emergency procedures
• Care and maintenance
This Specialty course certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver certification. Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge!
• PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age is 12 (although please note that the masks only come in adult-sizes Small/Medium and Medium/Large)
Cost: $200 (if student owns needed gear) / $250 (with loaner gear for the class)
Class is offered upon request.