Quail Run Divers Quarry ~ Rolla, Missouri
Owned by: Mike & Kate Jones
Quail Run Diver's Quarry is a spring-fed stone quarry located just east of Rolla, Missouri, approx. 1 1/2 hours from St. Louis, offering divers a quick escape to get wet!
Typically used as a training facility, there are several training platforms from 15 to 25 feet deep. Divers can explore a sunken speed boat, pay homage to the Christmas tree (with ornaments!) and brave the cold down to the spring that feeds the quarry.
Attractions: Christmas tree with decorations, catfish and perch, safe, speed boat
Distance: 1 1/2 hours (110 miles)
Amenities: picnic tables, porta potty, changing area
Max Depth: 35'
Water Temp: 70-80 F (summer)
Directions to Quail Run Quarry:
• From Y-kiki Divers, take Olive Blvd. east to I-270 South
• Take I-270 South to I-44 West
• Turn off of I-44 at Exit 189 (Highway V)
• Turn left at top of ramp, going back over I-44
• Keep to the right and cross over the railroad tracks
• Make a right turn onto Chester Green Road (3060)
• Go one mile and turn left onto Quarry Road (3030). Look for the blue water tower.
• Go about half a mile to a small drive on the left side. The turn is typically marked with a dive flag.
For more information contact Mike Jones at 573-368-8075 or Kate Jones at 573-578-6271 or
e-mail at: email@example.com. The Jones' appreciate a phone call the day before your arrival to ensure the gate is open.
While there are numerous hotels in Rolla, we typically stay at the Drury Inn or the Budget Deluxe Hotel.
Fees & Miscellaneous information:
• Quail Run Quarry charges $10 per student diver, per day if you are with an instructor. $15 per diver, per day with a buddy. Non diving guest with divers is $10.
• Portable toilet facility and a changing room is located on-site.
• No air. Be sure and bring what you'll need.
- Sign a Liability Waiver Release required before entering. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS.
- SCUBA certified and SCUBA students (with their instructors) only
- No solo-diving; Buddy-Up!
- Do not disturb fish beds or fish
- No fishing or spearfishing
- Keep fins and feet off the bottom
- No littering of trash or cigarette butts
- No swimming allowed; No lifeguards on duty